September Soul Graffiti News & Events
We have been busy this summer creating Soul Graffiti events, music, babies, and more. The fall is coming and we are excited to experience the seasons once again now that we have our remote location in the Sierra Foothills established. The studio in Oakland is rocking with lessons from Michael Wynar on guitar, Aziz Yehia and Jesse Weber on percussion, and a list of other teachers to choose from on all kinds of instruments. Contact us if you’re wanting to take up lessons! We also have new releases from both our artist roster and clients and starting to create a catalog of music for film and commercial use. Check us out on SongTradr here, or check out our Artist Roster Here, for new releases and information.
In this newsletter, we will recap our most recent Soul Graffiti events, highlight new videos and entertainment, list upcoming events to go to, and last but not least, our artist of the month feature!
The Justin Ancheta Band performed on 8-18-18 at the Village at Mammoth in Mammoth, CA. They brought their full soul sound featuring the amazing talents of Damian Sol on Violin, Iyawo on percussion, Jacob Aginsky on keys, Richard Jones on drums, and Adam Metroka on bass. The crowd of 600+ were dancing into the night. Thanks to our onsite video and sound crew, we were able to make a sweet highlight video. The entire set will be up on Justin Ancheta’s youtube page very soon. Check it out soon.
Upcoming Soul Graffiti Events
- 9/1/18 The Big Fit at Sausalito Music Festival 12 pm
- 9/6/18 First Thursday’s at the Revolution Cafe featuring Cello Joe 8:30 – 11:15 pm
- 9/8/18 DJ Soul Graffiti at the Village at Mammoth, CA with Rock The Bikes Spin Art Bike
- 9/8/18 Rock The Bike DJ and crew will be at the climate rally 2018 in SF
- 9/9/18 SF Giants Marathon in SF featuring Soul Graffiti artists
- 9/14/18 Justin Ancheta & Maren Metke of Honey of the Heart, + Adrienne Shamszad at Elixart in Nevada City, CA 8:30 – 11:30 pm
- 9/19/18 Honey Of The Heart at the Empress Theater in Vallejo, CA 7 – 10 pm
- 9/20/18 Honey Of The Heart at the Tiburon Farmer’s Market 3:30 – 7:30 pm
- 9/21/18 Adrienne Shamzsad “Love & Beloved” El Cerrito CA 7 pm
- 9/22/18 The Big Fit at the Walnut Festival 8:30 pm
- 9/23/18 Lake Merrit Lantern Ceremony with Rock The Bike’s Pedal Power Stage
- 9/29/18 Honey Of The Heart at Knee Deep Brewing, Auburn CA 6-8 pm
- 9/30/18 The Big Fit at the Vintage Valley of the Moon, Sonoma CA 4 pm
- 10/4/18 First Thursday’s at the Revolution Cafe featuring TBD 8:30 – 11:15 pm
- 10/6/18 Adrienne Shamzsad @ The Back Room, Oakland CA
- 10/12/18 Justin Ancheta & Maren Metke of Honey of the Heart, + Heather Normandale at Elixart in Nevada City, CA 8:30 – 11:30 pm
- 10/14/18 Adrienne Shamzsad “Our Loud Hearts” Petaluma, CA (Day Long Woman’s Festival)
Featured Artist of the Month
Adrienne Shamzsad is a gem of an artist that you need to know about. She is a local of California with Persian roots. Her unique vocals provide a rich texture of cultural blending, with both western and eastern scales that can melt your heart. Her control and strength have brought crowds to ecstatic joy and tears, sharing grief and praise that can directly be linked to her musical voice and talents.
Adrienne Shamszad is a singer-songwriter known for her special blend of folk, soul, blues, and Eastern-influenced improvisational vocals. Her lyrics are poetic, intimate, genuine and inspired by the mystic Poets of Iran as much as the folk poet-songwriters of the 60s and 70s. Her strong and soulful voice, skillful and complex guitar work and bold performance style have made her a popular California performer for well over a decade.
Adrienne is an Oakland, California native of Persian heritage who has traveled extensively, studying theater, music, and dance throughout Asia, India and the Middle East. Her mission is clear: to weave together the threads of her study and creativity into an original musical fabric that moves and inspires her audiences. Her impressive musical range extends from the sacred to the profane, the mystical to the earthy, the lofty to the down-low, and she is equally at home with acoustic or electric, improvisation, singing gospel, Indian mantras, rock and roll, rhythm and blues and Persian classics.