We record in our high tech sound space using hardware and software of the 21st century.
Our goal here at SG Productions:
We have found over the years when we go to record at a studio that the first 2-4 hours is setting up, setting levels and getting headphone mixes. By the 4-5 hour we are ready to go, but already half-way through our time available that we are paying for.
Not at Soul Graffiti Studios!
We make sure we have the details ahead of time to set up for your session. We also have the ability to get your headphone mixes quickly and efficiently, or allow you to mix your own headphones with our wireless iPad control. We make sure you are recording within the first hour of arrival if you are on task and ready to go, allowing for more recording and mixing time, and less paid set up time. We save artists hundreds of dollars and allow for more efficient, professional studio time to maximize the quality output for recording your instruments, voice, and sound design.
- 24-hour lock-out rates for $750/day. Lock-out rates include a full pre-studio gear list assessment, set up, and ready-to-record mode!
- Ableton Live is our preferred platform. We also have Pro Tools & Logic with engineers that know them well.
- Mixing and mastering plug-ins galore!
- Samples banks of all instruments, controlled through midi by touch, keys, or drum pad.
- X32 Behringer; 48 inputs and 16 sends allows for any multi-tracking option to take place.
- X32 Rack + expansion boxes for recording live shows and for wiring the separate 4 iso rooms.
- Blue Baby Bottle
- Shure KSM27
- MXL 993 Condensor
- Sennheiser E 835
- Sennheiser MD421
- Shure beta 58
- Shure 57’s, 58’s
- Focusrite ISA One FF
- MPA Gold
(Use can either be included in some sessions or rented additionally depending on the hours and time spent here at SG Productions)
- Guitar amps:
- Mesa Boogie Recto-Verb
- Vox Pathfinder 15R
- Fender Blues
- Crate GX15R
- Fender electric guitar
- Taylor 512
- Bass amps
- Ampeg BA210
- 2 Yamaha 88 weighted-key pianos
- Midi keyboards: Oxygen49, Akai max49,
- Moog, Moog Phatty simulator
- Wind instruments available upon request
- Violin, bass, and other instruments upon request
- All drums available upon request
We have 5 rooms totaling 1000 square feet. Plenty of space for a big band.
- Studio A is our main mixing room but also can double as a vocal or instrument booth
- Studio B is our main band room, 22′ by 40′, large enough to easily fit a drum sectional and multiple instrumentalists and vocalists if needed.
- Studio C is our best isolation room. We usually do overdubs in this room and a great space with visuals to the other rooms for vocalists and band leaders.
- Studio D is another mixing and mastering room that can also double as an isolation booth or room for an amp, or some extra separation for quality post production work.
Why are we all digital with minimal analog preamps and external hardware? HERE is a link to put digital into perspective in the year 2017.